Published on: Mon, 09/27/2004 - 23:00
Union Depot Redevelopment is on the Way
by Doug Mack
In the development puzzle of downtown Saint Paul, pieces are starting to come together to form a dynamic whole. Riverfront redevelopment efforts have already begun, with plans for more. Each week seems to bring new lofts to Lowertown, in historic buildings or new structures. But an important piece, one that could be the key to the future of the city and even the region, is still not quite in place: Union Depot and the adjacent 12 acre Post Office Process and Distribution Center.
Also included in this issue:
- Preservation 101: Historic Designation, Local Designation and National Register Designation
- New Financing for Old Buildings
- Minnesota Historic Tax Credit: Coming Soon? Perhaps.
- Bring it All Together: PDI Efforts in Full Swing
- PDI Key Structures
- Reawakening a Payne Avenue Gem
|Preservation Journal: Fall 2004||4.1 MB|